Finance & Accounts Manager in a Cooperative Bank in mumbai
The bank is a Multi- State Scheduled Co-operative Bank and under the stewardship of its Chairperson, ably supported by the illustrious Members on its Board of Directors, the financial results reflected interesting reading. From humble beginnings in 1927, the Bank maintained a low profile in the community of Bankers until 1993, and since then the Bank has not looked back.
Over the years it has built up a brand loyalty amongst its customers and is known as The Bank that is Big on Tradition and Trust.
The growth in business has been manifold under various heads of business. As on March 31, 2019 business mix stands at Rs.1773.67 Cr. Yearly Profit before Tax (audited) and before provisions stands at Rs.19.59 Cr. Also, Capital adequacy is reflected at 17.56% as against the 9% requirement by Reserve Bank of India. A noteworthy aspect of the Banks financial results is that its net non-performing assets are zero unlike the adverse trend in the banking industry. The Bank continues its policy of carefully selecting its advances with good quality assets. Besides offering all the retail loan products to individuals, the Bank is very aggressive on Corporate Lending & has reputed Corporate clients in diverse fields of manufacturing, shipping, services, etc.
The bank has operations all over India.
Job Description/ Work Profile
The incumbent will be working at the corporate office of the Bank at Worli
- Preparation of all financial statements and accounts for the audit as per Ind-AS / Indian GAAP
- Lead Strategic Plans and Budgeting processes which occurs during the financial year, including providing support during the overall process, coordinating with various business teams and ensuring an efficient planning process
- Lead month end close process and monthly forecasting process working with business teams.
- Finalization of monthly accounts. This will include preliminary P&L and Balance Sheet health check such as GL scrutiny, yield analysis, monthly trend analysis etc.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and forecasting packs, working with the business to understand performance, current issues and trends covering P&L, Balance sheet, segmental reporting and monitoring of key KPIs
- Responsible for GST compliances
- Responsible for Direct Tax, TDS compliances
- Responsible for adherence to Co-operative Society Rules
- Responsible for periodic reporting to RBI
Working days - Monday to Saturday.
Desired Candidate Requirement
The candidate should be a qualified Chartered Accountant - CA with 2 to 3 years relevant experience from bank or NBFC background
Effective oral and written communication skills
Strong ability to efficiently communicate financial results to both financially and non-financially oriented persons
Fresher CA may be considered with strong fundamentals, excellent grasping, some post Articleship experience in BFSI domain. We will be shortlisting from Fresher CA once one round of interview is completed of Experienced CAs